The overall goal of Mechanical Completion (MC) is to verify and document that equipment, facilities and systems are built in accordance to specifications, design drawings, Rules and Regulations and other contract specific requirements.
Pims CMS (Completion Management System) has been developed to computerize this process and help ensure a smooth and timely handover to Commissioning in accordance with the project plan.
The PIMS CMS module bases its strategy on a foundation of engineering data (in the form of engineering registers, indices and schedules etc.). The relevant data is imported into PIMS CMS to establish a master dataset of the total object listing for the work.
Main features of PIMS CMS module:
- Web and MS Access user interface
- Comprehensive range of MC Certificates that can be printed directly from the system – pre-printed with tag numbers, tag descriptions etc. Available for printing in bulk. E.g. Commissioning Package or MC Package
- Barcode recognition of scanned Certificates, automatically updating status, adding pdf attachment and checking of signatures
- User friendly interface for customising MC Certificate content to suit customer requirements
- Dynamic interface for linking tags, cables etc., allowing batch update to the relevant MC Certificate(s), Commissioning Packages and MC Packages
- Reporting system that can produce a wide variety of detailed and management reports. Also including Report Subscription
Other features included in the module:
- Punch list functionality that allow users to record, manage and clear punch items
- Document Explorer by Commissioning Package, MC Package and Tag
- Report Subscription
- Site Query system including email notifications
- General Query System to handle Engineering Tag issues, Commissioning Queries etc.
- Blinds register
- Drawing Register
- Vendor and PO Register
- Vendor Mechanical Completion user interface
- Responsibility Matrix setup
(taken from PIMS.no)